Originally a classic flat top built in 1956 by the artist and conservationist, Frank Stick. in 1999 they remodeled and added a gabled roof connecting house and garage as a single unit, creating an extended screened breezeway between the two buildings. This new roof allowed central air to be installed with all air handler plumbing lying on the now covered flat top roof, allowing venting through the ceiling. The breezeway extends across the back of the house, as well as on the west side, creating a large space for small children to play. At that time the sellers installed new kitchen cabinets, electric range, refrigerator, central air conditioning, which was just replaced in June of 2019.
It was fully carpeted in 1999, over an original tiled floor.
It presents an open 2x12 beam ceiling of local inland birch wood unfinished with natural color. In 2009 we replaced the original wood pane windows with modern vinyl double hung windows, with marked improvement in heat loss and sound proofing.